Amid US cyber attacks against Iranian targets, Iran's ICT minister said on Monday, within days of reports that the Pentagon launched a long-planned cyber attack to disable the country's rocket launch systems but they have not been averted.
"They try hard, but have not carried out a successful attack," Mohammad Javad Azari-Jahromi, Iran's minister for information and communications technology, said on social network Twitter.
"Media asked if the claimed cyber attacks against Iran are true," he said. "We have been facing cyber-terrorism for a long time...Last year we neutralized 33 million attacks with the our domestic firewall."
Last November, Iran's ICT minister stated that US and Israeli hackers of creating a new version of the Stuxnet virus in an attempt to damage country's communication infrastructure, adding that the attack had been thwarted.
"Iran's University scientists have developed a firewall for industrial automation systems to neutralise industrial sabotage such as that caused by Stuxnet in power networks, and it was successfully tested", he said.
Iranian ICT Minister had recently talked about his efforts to launch initiatives to counter the US governments acts of cyber-terrorism and hostile measures. He expressed that the new program would prevent further cyber-attacks from the malware that targeted the defense facilities of the country.